Seniors Match Reports

Colts new recruit Rhys McManus takes a wicket. Photo courtesy of the Daily Advertiser.

The T20 Competition went into Week 2, with Colts 1st & 2nd Grade sides both needing a victory to remain in the hunt to play in the finals week of the competition.

Lake Albert won the toss & elected to bat at Robertson Oval. A strong start from Colts openers through MacGregor Hanigan & Warren Bartlett along with Rhys McManus saw the Colts restrict Lake Albert to 3/41 after 10 overs. A big stand though between Lake Albert’s batsmen, combined with some big hitting, saw Lake Albert push their score along to 4/164 after 20 overs.

A solid start with the bat from Colts until the loss of Kaylem Fitzpatrick followed by a dubious run out against Will Morley, saw the Colts lose  2 quick wickets, and then couldn’t stem the tide, continuing to lose wickets at regular intervals until being dismissed for 99 in their chase.


The 2nd Grade T20 Side also took on Lake Albert at Rawlings Park. Batting first, signs were ominous when Anthony Gardiner was run out for a diamond duck on the 1st ball of the match. The rock of the batting line up again Harry Pascoe, contributing 30 until he was dismissed looking for quick runs during the super over. Again regular wickets cost the Colts, eventually being dismissed for 94 – though some late order hitting from Adam Shephard (15) assisted in getting there.

Wickets were at a premium, with Colts only managing to take 3 during the Lake Albert run chase, with Bruce Tom the main destroyer for them contributing 47 of their total of 3/99. Some tight bowling early from Limbrick (1/10 off 3), Beer (1/4 off 3) and Shephard (0/11 off 3) kept Colts in the match, however Colts just didn’t have enough runs on the board.


The Colts will now enjoy a week off (with a possible intra-club 40 over match) before the 1st Round commences for the regular season on October 28.

Andrew Dutton is congratulated after taking a wicket. Photo courtesy of the Daily Advertiser.




Related posts